Northern California Dual Diagnosis (Co-occurring Disorders) Addiction Recovery Treatment
New Start Recovery Solutions has very successful dual diagnosis addiction recovery treatment options. We provide trauma-informed and evidence-based dual diagnosis treatment for the whole person.
What is Dual Diagnosis (Co-occurring Disorders)?
The term is called Dual Diagnosis or Co-occurring Disorders. This means the individual has a combination of mental disorders (such as depression, anxiety, trauma, etc.) and addiction (to drugs or alcohol.)
If you think you may be suffering from addiction, as well as PTSD, depression, trauma or other mental health issue (dual diagnosis) – please know that seeking help is the first step to addiction recovery and regaining control of your life.
Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment for First Responders, Military, Flight Attendants
We have very successful dual diagnosis addiction rehab programs for first responders (including police, medical and fire personnel), military and military veterans, flight attendants and more.
Firefighters, police, EMS and other providers face the risk of many behavioral health concerns; including anxiety, depression, burnout, PTSD and addiction. Taking care of mental health is as important as managing physical health. As most everyone is aware, the physical demands in being a first responder can be enormous. Being a first responder to emergency situations also has an impact on the mental well-being of emergency personnel.
First responders, for example, experience the stress of not being able to save everyone; of the extent of serious injuries at an accident scene; of not being successful in defusing a dispute resulting in injury and more – all take a emotional and mental toll. These individuals are at high risk for developing PTSD, anxiety disorders and functional (high functioning) addiction.
Custom and Individualized Addiction Treatment Programs
Our addiction recovery philosophy uses an integrative, whole person approach to addiction treatment, including dual diagnosis. Our holistic therapies include mindfulness, yoga, tai chi and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Our goal is to assist our clients in bringing their lives – body, mind and spirit – into a state of balance and wellness.
Successful addiction treatment programs need to be customized to the individual. We believe that addiction is a complex but treatable disease – and that a ‘universal’ addiction treatment program is not appropriate for everyone.
Key to Lasting Recovery: Treat Addiction and the Mental Health Disorder
According to SAMSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Heath Services Administration), regarding co-occurring disorders:
“An important key to a successful recovery is treating both the mental heath disorder and the drug addiction at the same time.
People with mental health disorders are more likely than people without mental health disorders to experience an alcohol or substance use disorder. Co-occurring disorders can be difficult to diagnose due to the complexity of symptoms, as both may vary in severity. In many cases, people receive treatment for one disorder while the other disorder remains untreated.”
How Often is Dual Diagnosis a Factor in Addiction Treatment?
According to a 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 7.9 million people in the U.S. experience both a mental disorder and substance use disorder simultaneously. More than half of those people—4.1 million to be exact—are men.
Because many combinations of dual diagnosis can occur, the symptoms can vary widely. Addiction treatment centers use alcohol and drug screening tools to help identify people at risk for drug and alcohol abuse.
Symptoms of a mental health condition are unique to each individual. Warning signs can include extreme mood changes, confused thinking, problems concentrating, avoiding friends and social activities and thoughts of suicide. If any of these mental health condition warning signs are present – this can be an urgent reason to seek help.
Evidence Based, Individualized Addiction Treatment Programs
The best treatment for dual diagnosis is integrated intervention, in which the individual receives care for both their diagnosed mental illness and substance abuse.
New Start Recovery Solutions uses individualized, evidence-based treatment program that is developed based on levels of drug use and depression (or other co-occurring disorder). Not everyone is the same – and addiction treatment should not be the same either. Our staff looks at each person’s unique history and creates an addiction treatment program that meets specific needs of the individual.
One call to our addiction hotline to discuss your situation gets you started – and we will take care of the rest. Our team of representatives will call and work with your insurance company for you. We can find the best treatment options at the lowest cost to you. Then we will assist in finding right dual diagnosis treatment center for you.
Elements of an Effective Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment Plan
Treatment planning will not be the same for everyone. Below, some of the common methods used as part of our addiction treatment plans.
- Detox – Don’t let the fear of withdrawal keep you trapped in addiction. The compassionate staff from New Start Recovery Solutions helps you regain control of your life with our medical detox programs for alcohol and drugs.
- Inpatient Addiction Treatment – Evidence-based addiction treatments, holistic therapies, and over 20 years of experience within a safe and supportive environment.
- Supportive Housing – Group homes or sober houses.
- Psychotherapy is usually a large part of an effective dual diagnosis treatment plan. In particular, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) helps people with dual diagnosis learn how to cope and change ineffective patterns of thinking, which may increase the risk of substance use.
- Medications are often useful for treating mental illnesses. Certain medications can also help people ease withdrawal symptoms during the detoxification process and promote recovery.
- Self-Help and Support Groups – Dealing with a dual diagnosis can feel challenging and isolating. Support groups allow members to share frustrations, celebrate successes, find referrals for specialists, find the best community resources and swap recovery tips. Support groups also provide a space for forming healthy friendships filled with encouragement to stay clean.
Northern California Dual Diagnosis Addiction Rehab Locations
New Start Recovery Solutions has multiple Northern California detox and addiction treatment programs. Each individual has unique circumstances; no two people are exactly the same. To be most effective – addiction rehab treatment needs to be customized for each person.
At New Start Recovery Solutions, we help you sort through the wide variety of available programs, locations and insurance coverage. We assist you in finding the right recovery solutions for your specific needs.
We get clients started in the right addiction treatment program for them. Our addiction treatment programs are located in Northern California.
Contact Us at New Start Recovery Solutions for details, more information and admission to addiction treatment programs that will fit your needs – and will work for you.
Northern California Evidence-Based Whole Person Addiction Recovery
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, yoga, tai chi and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, Sacramento, Chico, Paradise, Redding, Martinez or other northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now
New Start Recovery Solutions
2449 Pacheco Street
Concord CA 94520
Photo Copyright: rawpixel / 123RF Stock Photo