Our Party Charities Received Donations
And a Good Time Was Had By All!
Thanks for Your Participation!
Reviewing ‘Kickin Off the Holidays’ Event Activities
- Our activities included networking, dinner, raffle, an oil painting auction and a silent auction.
- Guest speaker Steve Redmond from Code 4 Northwest was the opening speaker.
- We welcomed special guest speakers Clint Malarchuk, retired NHL player; and his wife Joanie.
- A one of a kind original oil painting of Clint Malarchuk by Kristina Letson was auctioned and personally signed by Clint.
- Donations received benefited individuals who could not otherwise afford treatment; going directly to Code 4 Northwest and CCAPP.
Thanks to All Who Attended and Inquired!
While everyone had a wonderful time at the party on Dec 1 – we realize that not everyone could attend.
Holiday Party Charity – Code 4 Northwest
Code 4 Northwest was created to ensure Washington State’s first responders have access to the best help possible when in crisis. Code 4 Northwest is an RCW 43.101.425. protected free crisis line and referral service for all Washington state first responders: EMS, corrections, family members, and civilian support staff.
Code 4 Northwest is dedicated to providing the best personalized service and resources to those individuals experiencing a crisis. Your call will be answered by a live person who understands the issues you are confronting. All call-takers are current or former first responders or work in the public safety/EMS field in Washington State. Confidentiality is protected by RCW 43.101.425.
First responders are first on the scene of disasters and emergency situations. The general public sees first responders as a kind of Super Hero. And they are: but even super heroes need support to continue their mission. Firefighters, police, EMS and other emergency services providers are seldom called on to rescue cute kittens from trees. In most cases, first responders see accident victims horribly injured or burned, rescue survivors crushed in crumbling buildings, pull residents from burning buildings; or are called on to defuse situations ranging from domestic disputes to a hostage crisis.
Code 4 Northwest has helped over 2000 first responders, EMS, nurses, civilian employees and families deal with their own personal crisis. This includes serious issues such as addiction, secondary trauma, PTSD, depression, stress and more.
Holiday Party Charity – CCAPP
CCAPP is the largest statewide consortium of community-based for profit and nonprofit substance use disorder treatment agencies and addiction focused professionals; providing services to over 100,000 California residents annually in residential, outpatient, and private practice settings.
CCAPP Mission: Improve Addiction Treatment Service Access for Californians.
CCAPP Advocacy Efforts
C-CARA: California Comprehensive Addiction Recovery Act of 2017
C-CARA MISSION: To create the nation’s first, true, “on demand” addiction treatment system by guaranteeing universal access to treatment when the individual presents a need, and by eradicating waiting lists where Californians die while waiting for treatment.
C-CARA is California’s comprehensive blueprint for addiction treatment, prevention, and recovery services: Reformulating resources, priorities, and vision to focus on addiction as a public health crisis.
California lacks a coherent plan for expanding access and improving services for addiction treatment. Every day Californians who come forward and are determined to have a medical necessity for addiction treatment die waiting for it. Others lose hope and continue to use substances in a manner that results in billions of unnecessary expenditures at emergency rooms; for the treatment of physical health disorders acerbated by abuse; and spending for the justice system and social welfare programming. The state has not integrated a coherent substance abuse treatment strategy into California’s health care, foster care or corrections systems. Currently, treatment is often reserved for the most dependent and is not given to those in the earliest abuse stages, where it can be the most cost-effective.
Alcohol and Drug Addiction Causes Serious Problems in Families
If your family is experiencing the effects of a loved one’s addiction, it is time to take the necessary steps to get help. New Start Recovery Solutions can help you with alcohol and drug rehab in Northern California, Central and Southern California and the US.
Need Help with Detox and Drug Rehab?
Call us at 866-303-6275. New Start Recovery Solutions assists in sorting through the wide variety of available programs, locations and insurance coverage. We assist you in finding the right recovery solutions for your specific needs.
Elements of Effective Addiction Treatment Plans
Treatment planning will not be the same for everyone. Below, some of the common methods used as part of our addiction treatment plans.
• Detox – Don’t let the fear of withdrawal keep you trapped in addiction. The compassionate staff from New Start Recovery Solutions helps you regain control of your life with access to our alcohol and drug detox programs. We currently offer alcohol and drug rehab in San Jose, Sacramento, East Bay, and Walnut Creek.
• Inpatient Addiction Treatment – Evidence-based addiction treatments, holistic therapies, and over 20 years of experience within a safe and supportive environment
• Supportive Housing – Group homes or sober houses.
• Psychotherapy is a large part of an effective dual diagnosis treatment plan. In particular, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) helps people with dual diagnosis learn how to cope and change ineffective patterns of thinking, which may increase the risk of substance use.
• Medications are often useful for treating mental illnesses and addiction (dual diagnosis). And certain medications can help ease withdrawal symptoms during the detoxification process and promote recovery.
• Self-Help and Support Groups. Dealing with a dual diagnosis can feel challenging and isolating. Support groups allow members to share frustrations, celebrate successes, find referrals for specialists, find the best community resources and swap recovery tips. Support groups also provide a space for forming healthy friendships filled with encouragement to stay clean.
Questions? Please Call New Start Recovery Solutions!
Call 866-303-6275, ask for David Burke.
Your Life Awaits – Make a New Start Now!